A condition of acne results from wearing a mask
It may also result in skin issues including redness, bumpiness, and irritation.
maskne is from clogged pores, we have have oil, bacteria, and dead skin cells on our skin. But when you wear a mask, these substances can build up more and block your pores.
A mask also traps humidity due to your breathing and sweating, which may increase the risk of acne.
Here is what can help-
- Wear a disposable mask
- Avoid makeup underneath your mask
- Wash your face with gentle cleanser, try NeetaNaturals beauty therapy neem soap
- Adjust your skincare to lightweight easy absorbable moisturizer and toner. If you use sunscreens, be sure it’s natural and light weight or it can cause excessive dry skin!
- Stop overdoing/overusing salicylic acid, glycolic acid and retinol, They can only cause skin irritation and inflammation. These products cause the breakdown of skins natural protective barrier, and once it’s broken you are more prone to acne or inflamed skin than ever :)
- If problem persists for more than 6-8 weeks: Please see a dermatologist.